Sunday, 27 December 2015

The Busy Woman's Guide to Financial Freedom

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year 2016!

If you've been following my blog, I am sure you'll be very, very, very surprised to find such a book here especially as I have NEVER added anything to do with financial planning on my book blog :)

Actually, it all started with The Berenstain Bears' Dollars and Sense, which the kids read at the library earlier in August this year.

Will you believe that I learned about the importance of financial planning when I read the book out to the kids?

It was amazing because we learned so much about setting a budget, planning our purchases and saving for bigger items.

I know, I know...you'd think this is common sense but I have been so busy with work, housework and the kids that I realize that we never got down to writing down our wills (that I had planned to do way back in 2010!)

Anyway, the The Busy Woman's Guide to Financial Freedom is an eye-opener for women, especially women who are busy, busy, busy with anything and everything except balancing the books.

The thing that struck me the most was the case study involving twin sisters who had each invested $2,000 a year and both retired at 62 years old. One sister invested in something with an interest rate averaging 6% and retired with about 500,000 while the other invested in stocks average returns of 12% and she retired with 1 million+

Definitely something to think about, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment