Sunday, 1 November 2015

Rick Stein's India - Recipes from My Indian Odyssey

The kids and I have been watching quite a few cooking and travel shows e.g. an Italian cooking show where the kids learned how to eat olive oil with bread LOL

When that ended, I had to switch channels because the next one was Weird Foods or something equally scary and we got Rick Stein's India.

The sights and sounds of busy streets on India caught the children's attention and we watched this middle-aged British bloke trying out streets foods and hole-in-the-wall restaurants.

Although I think of diarrhea when I think of India, I can't help but feel hungry as Rick wolfs down a mouth-watering wrap, yum yum. 

I was especially tickled when I see him teach us how to cook curry at the end of the show!

I've seen Kylie Kwong's Chinese cooking show, Jamie Oliver's and Nigella's too, which are stellar in their own right but a white guy teaching you how to cook Indian curry?

That's different and I like it. And if I can't go to India, I'd love to learn how to cook a real Indian curry!

Yup, Rick Stein's India: In Search of the Perfect Curry: Recipes from My Indian Odyssey is definitely something I'd appreciate for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment