Sunday, 8 November 2015

Banana Pancakes

I was surprised to receive a few emails asking me for this recipe after I posted about my toddler having them for breakfast :-) on the first day of school.

I am NOT a good cook but here’s the recipe. It’s a really easy one from my Mum’s cookbook – I could even make them for school when I was 10 years old! 

Serves 2 Prep time: 20 minutes

INGREDIENTS 
1-2 ripe bananas
4 oz plain white flour
1 egg
1/2 pint milk (about 1/2 a Coke can if you don’t have a measuring cup)
1/4 tsp salt  

METHOD:
1. Using a fork, mash banana in a small bowl.

2. In a larger bowl, sift the flour and salt together. Make a hole in the middle of the flour and break the egg in (it’s always wise to break the egg in another bowl in case you get a rotten one!).

3. Gradually pour in the milk as you use a whisk to stir the mixture. Set aside for 5-10 minutes. Somehow, I find the pancakes smoother when I do this.

4. Drizzle a bit of oil onto a saucepan / skillet and pour a ladle of mixture when the oil is hot. Do not spread the mixture.

5. When bubbles become holes and you notice a hardening of the sides, gently turn the pancake over. As the other side takes a shorter time to cook, you can lift them onto a serving plate for your little tot!
*For added protein, I sometimes chop some walnuts and sprinkle them onto the pancake in Step 5.

We all love the extra crunch I love my pancakes with maple syrup but as I don’t want to encourage a sweet tooth yet, we enjoy them plain…no problems for my fussy eater LOL

Let me know how the pancakes turn out for you ok?

No comments:

Post a Comment