Sunday, 14 July 2013

The Toddler's Milestones

“Celebrate good times, come on! Let’s celebrate!”
Okay, why am I going crazy so early in the morning?
1) The TWO Avent bottles I have been washing and drying for the past 6 years are now collecting dust. 
No. 1 took a long time to do it but he finally did. No. 2. ditched the bottle when she was 2 and a half, I think.
Bye, bye, baby bottles!!!
2) The toddler is now using the toilet.
She had been using the potty for a while but lately, I’ve suggested that she use the regular toilet instead. And she agrees (most of the time).
Bye, bye, potty!!!
3) She has learned to share.
I am so proud of her because twice I have seen her give up a toy to a younger child at her daycare. The first time was a toy ride and she did it after a bit of coaxing.
The second time, she let go of the ride but she ran to me with big, fat tears rolling down her face. She buried her face in my lap because she didn’t want the others to see her crying. I gave her a big kiss and hug and told her she’s such a clever girl. I also told her it’s OK because she can have a turn after the toddler was done with it. She nodded and brushed her tears away.
I am so proud of this cili padi. Would you believe that she would bite, hit, kick and scratch anyone who dared to touch the toy she’s playing with??? I would warn other kids who even thought of going near her LOL
4) She is becoming more of a princess and less of a monkey. 
This is HUGE milestone for her because she has been a tiresome toddler (Terrible Twos and Threes) who cries, screams, flings herself to the floor and throws TERRIBLE tantrums whenever she doesn’t get what she wants.
Now, she sulks a bit and sometimes, has a bit of an inner conflict but she’s learning to accept the word, “NO.”
Wanna know how I handled it? Watch out for the next post 😉
For now, I just want to dance and sing at the top of my voice because I AM SO HAPPY 😀

No comments:

Post a Comment