Thursday, 1 November 2012

Sushi or Kimbap?

My son loves sushi and has repeatedly asked me to make it for him to pack to school and one morning, I did it!

I am afraid that my sushi and onigiri would fail in Japan in terms of aesthetics:

  1. the rice was still warm and the heat melted the seaweed
  2. the cucumber and carrot were a bit thick that they resembled Korean gimbap / kimbap

But you know what? The little guy LOVED every morsel of it and even requested for me to cut the salmon bits thicker next time :)


Here's the D-I-Y onigiri kit I used to shape the onigiri. I found that plastic triangle the most useful: 


Note: Due to the risk of BPA (bisphenol-A) leaching from plastic into food, I did not use the plastic wrap. 

In any case, this little kitchen experiment was fun even though it began at 5.30 in the morning! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment